Senior/Lead AWS Cloud Engineer
Want to apply your AWS skills to a variety of projects? Enjoy sharing your cloud knowledge? Inquisitive and collaborative? Come join the Cloudsoft tribe, one the UK’s Best Workplaces in Tech!
Salary: £50k - £70k+
About the role
We’re looking for skilled AWS cloud professionals to join our talented team. As a Senior/Lead AWS Cloud Engineer, you’ll be leading the end-to-end design and implementation of AWS cloud solutions for our Cloudsoft Tempo customers.
You’ll be able to communicate with technical and non-technical clients, advising them on their AWS environments and providing implementation support where required.
You’ll work closely with your fellow cloud engineers, helping customers to use the cloud better. Whether it’s a cloud migration project, modernising applications, designing cloud-native applications, advising on cost optimisation, Well Architected Reviews and more, you’ll bring your knowledge of AWS services and innovations to every customer interaction.
Cloudsoft Tempo customers range from small start-ups to large financial services firms and everything in between, so you’ll get the opportunity to constantly learn and develop your skills to support our growing client-lists’ needs. See some of our recent customer projects here.
Cloudsoft culture’s is underpinned by our core values;
- We Wow Customers
- We Take Pride
- We Give Kudos
- We Do It Right
- We Do It Together
We encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented backgrounds. Remote and part-time working will be considered.
As a Senior/Lead AWS Cloud Engineer, you’ll need a range of technical and non-technical skills. Your tech skills will help you to design the best solutions for our customers, but you also need to be able to communicate these solutions to technical and non-technical audiences.
Experience with any of the following is highly desirable:
- Designing, developing, and operating production environments
- Certification (Professional or Associate level), but there will also be assistance to gain (further) certification.
- Infrastructure as code, such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef or SaltStack
- Automation and CI/CD pipelines
- Serverless, Kubernetes, and traditional application stacks
- Agile/iterative development methodologies
- Programming languages and/or scripting languages
Demonstrable knowledge of DevOps and FinOps practices is also desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confidence when working with customers.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Produce high quality technical documentation.
- Able to build positive relationships with stakeholders in client organisations.
- Able to lead, and work on, projects whilst maintaining a clear communication with the wider Cloudsoft Tempo team.
- Collaboration skills.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
As an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner, Cloudsoft helps customers navigate the maze of cloud and design the best solutions for their needs. We are also FinOps Foundation Members and Practitioners.
You will join a team of talented engineers and consultants who are passionate about helping our customers succeed in the cloud and who are continually learning, sharing knowledge and solving real-world problems for customers.
Cloudsoft has a tightly focused team of 35, with a strong focus on inclusion, quality and growth. There are excellent opportunities to be involved in other areas of the business and to develop depth and breadth of skills, in addition to good benefits and salary in the range of £50k to £70k+ commensurate with experience.
- Training and development days
- Up to 37 days paid holiday every year
- Private pension contributions
- Private health insurance
- Share options
- Perks (Perkbox, Cycle2Work scheme and more)
- Monthly team events and activities.
We’re based in city-centre Edinburgh (check out the view!), but have teammates working remotely all over the UK.