Global Bank Case Study
How a global bank uses Cloudsoft AMP with thousands of bank applications.
Thousands of bank applications are powered by Cloudsoft AMP to achieve resiliency and agility to meet business and regulatory goals while enabling developer agility across multiple platforms that are continuously evolving.
The bank competes across the globe for customers and differentiates their offerings through innovative software applications that create new products. Bank services have applications that must meet regulatory requirements while enabling developer agility.
Before Cloudsoft AMP, teams handling thousands of applications would struggle to develop their own resilience plans and seek approval from an architecture design council.
- The architecture council was a bottleneck
- Wide variety in techniques and quality
- Expensive redundant deployments
- Slow manual failover
- Bespoke processes
- Failover was rarely tested and brittle
- High TCO is a critical area for the bank
What at first looks like a technical challenge has potentially significant business impacts to the bank:
- Impact on Customers. Failure to meet user demand can cost $10M+/day and cause long-term damage to a bank’s reputation
- Impact on Regulators. Regulators can publicly sanction and fine the bank if services are unavailable
- Impact on Staff. Traditional approaches focus bottom-up on infrastructure and not applications
The bank chose Cloudsoft AMP in preference to other solutions like Cloudformation and Terraform for reasons including the fact that Cloudsoft AMP is application-centric. The configuration of lower platforms like private and public cloud and integrations with other management systems is defined in AMP alongside the application code. This is different from lower-level, infrastructure-focused, bottom-up solutions that see an application as a black box.
The application-centric Cloudsoft AMP approach means that you can configure resilience and compliance at the application level and enforce "down the chain" rather than having to hope that multiple, disconnected lower-level systems are compliant. Hope is not a strategy for bank regulation.
How it works
Cloudsoft AMP provides for the modelling of applications and all their integrations and platforms using YAML blueprints. This blueprint is then used by the Cloudsoft AMP engine to deploy and manage the application, and all it's integration points and platform resources, for it's entire lifecycle.
Cloudsoft AMP has capabilities called Sensors that detect events and Effectors that provide a response to events. It's through these capabilities that Cloudsoft AMP enables resilience and compliance for applications and their integrations and resources.For regulators, the bank can show the blueprint as evidence of compliance goals and alignment to regulation, and then demonstrate to regulators that those codified policies in the blueprint are in effect for the application no matter what platform it is running on, private cloud on-premises or public cloud.
The global bank uses Cloudsoft AMP to streamlines development, operations and governance for any application on any cloud.
Find out more
How can we help? Could Cloudsoft AMP help you like it helped this global bank? Cloudsoft AMP is sophisticated and versatile software that can solve a wide-range of use cases. We are available to chat about your situation and see if Cloudsoft AMP might help you like it has many others.
- Ask Cloudsoft any questions about Cloudsoft AMP by email to email@example.com.
- Request a demo and discuss how Cloudsoft AMP could help your situation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learn more about AMP on our website.
- Dig into the documentation
- Send us a request by email to email@example.com to join our dedicated Slack workspace.
Alternatively, contact us via this form and optionally sign up for regular updates on Cloudsoft AMP and how it's being used.