Supercharge reliability with automation
Reliability is at the heart of customer satisfaction; after all, a product that is unreliable is a terrible customer experience. But what can be done about it?
Relying on humans to resolve failures can be slow, and being completely dependent on engineers waking up in the middle of the night to fix bugs and errors is less than ideal!
Spiralling complexity only further hampers efforts to resolve downtime, placing barrier after barrier between the engineers and the solution to the issue.
How can you ensure reliability without being dependent on engineers burning the midnight oil and battling through complexity to resolve your reliability issues? Automation!
Automation is a superpower you can deploy to maintain high levels of availability and reliability.
For example, automation-enabled practices like auto-remediation can sense failure and automatically resolve the issue, removing the need to awaken engineers from their slumber and freeing them up to further innovate and develop your product.
There are a variety of ways you can unleash automation to improve reliability, some of these include:
- Auto-Remediation: With automation, you can reap the rewards of auto-remediation, monitoring, alerting, and in many cases fixing issues with well-documented healing processes before engineers are even aware there was an issue.
- Continuous Monitoring: Continuous Monitoring is a monitoring solution that automatically tracks the performance, availability, and usage of applications. This helps detect issues such as bottlenecks, errors and downtime and works to proactively resolve these issues.
- Automated Testing: Automation allows the implementation of comprehensive testing strategies: unit tests, integration tests, and end-to-end tests. Automated tests can be executed quickly and repeatedly, ensuring that the software functions as expected after each code change.
- Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD): Automation enables the implementation of CI/CD pipelines, where code changes are automatically tested, built, and deployed. This process reduces human error and ensures that only functional and tested code reaches production, improving reliability by catching bugs and issues early in the development cycle.
Automation can feel like a superpower, but it’s available to supercharge your product's reliability today. You don’t need to step into a telephone box and slip into a lycra outfit to win with automation and reap the benefits of a more reliable product, and greater customer satisfaction.
What are the benefits to implementing automation like this?
- Improved Reliability: Automation improves reliability and customer satisfaction with your product. With improved mean time to recover and less downtime, automation provides the opportunity to supercharge your reliability.
- Toil Reduction: Automation reduces toil by reducing the need for developers and engineers to work on manual drudge work fixing bugs, and freeing them up to innovate and develop your product.
- Faster Time to Market: Automation speeds up various development processes, and this increased efficiency allows the release of updates and new features more frequently improving user experience.
Find out more about how automation can improve reliability for you in our guide: How To Be an Automation Hero.
From defeating complexity to destroying downtime, the benefits of automation are plentiful and ready for the taking. Our free guide breaks down simple steps to develop your automation practices from the beginning as an Automation Apprentice to becoming an Automation Hero.
Get your guide now