There are six methods to consider when migrating your application into the cloud. Should you:
- Retain – do nothing, leave as-is.
- Retire – decommission the application, do not migrate.
- Rehost – lift-and-shift the application wholesale into the cloud.
- Repurchase – swap COTS software you manage for SaaS software you don’t.
- Replatform – like a lift-twist-and-shift, you fix some things in-migration.
- Refactor – rewrite the application to exploit the cloud.
In Cloudsoft’s experience, we find that starting with a Replatform to get into the cloud is the best method, so this is at the heart of our Migrate service.
By using Cloudsoft blueprinting and automation software in-migration your application is set up for future refactoring so you can unlock more cost savings, better uptime, more responsive application and to take advantage of future cloud innovations.
Contact us for a consultation and pricing.